Friday, February 25, 2011

what a let down



Caught the newest animated movie from DC Comics, All-Star Superman on demand last night.  Usually I'd be waiting for the store to open to get my own copy the day it goes on sale but after picking up the first two issues of the comic of the same name which the movie was based on years ago and quickly deciding not to continue following it I decided to hold off on the purchase.  I was so right.  I hated the comic.  I hated the movie.  It felt juvenile and rushed, like they were trying to throw too much in, making it pretty convoluted.  Hopefully this is the exception cause so far I've loved every movie DC has released.

It is sad and a little ironic that comic and film script writer Dwayne McDuffie died the day before the movie he wrote about the final days of Superman premiered.

No comments:

Post a Comment