Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Effy vs....EULA?!?

I've been watching the UK show Skins on the BBC for years and I, along with most of the American fans I know, had mixed feelings when I heard MTV was going to remake the series for the U.S. audience. Even after watching the first episode I'm still not sure how I feel about it. But what I do know is I. HATE. the American version. of Effy. Eula?!? Really? What kind of bull shit? In my opinion Kaya Scodelario IS Effy Stonem and she made the third series for me and am looking forward to catching what kind of trouble she stirred up for the fourth. I thought I loved Tony and Cassie and Maxxie from the first class and I wasn't sure I'd be able to embrace the new group of friends at the beginning of the third series. That was until jail bait Effy explodes onto the screen with a naturally lolita way of invoking a deviously innocent Composite Krystal/Alexis Carrington, Scodelario had me glued to the screen with her mesmerizing portrayal of the dark and damaged Effy. Seems even the actress agrees. Below is her tweet regarding the American portrayal of her character.


“ Sometimes I think I was born backwards... you know, come out of my mum the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love, I hate, and the people I hate... ”
Effy, UK Skins



No comments:

Post a Comment