Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mutant and Proud!

Please allow me to geek the fuck out for a moment. X-Men: First Class WAS THE SHIT! I'm gonna try my best to hold off on the spoilers but I'm not making any promises so don't read any further if you don't want to hold off knowing key plot points till you actually watch the movie.

Everything was great about this movie. Even the cheesy little moments; "Mutant and proud!" worked. Cameos by Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) and Rebecca Romaine (was she still Stamos'ed at the time? Original Mystique) were nice touches. I also liked how they incorporated random comic characters into the movie mythology. I really liked Angel, who came to life during Grant Morrison's run on X-Men. I liked this former stripper turned traitor incarnation. One thing that bothered me, Darwin? Really? He was so obscure I had to google him to find out if the character was created solely for the film. He wasn't.

Even the glaring changes that inevitably happen when comics aked this former stripper turned traitor incarnation. One thing that bothered me, Darwin? Really? He was so obscure I had to google him to find out if the character was created solely for the film. He wasn't.

Even the glaring changes that inevitably happen when comics are transferred to film, the thing that usually bothers me the most, I liked in this movie. The WTF!?! early connection between Mystique and Xavier.  Havok being the older summer's brother.  A gunfight between Moira and Magneto being the reason for Xavier's paralysis.  Mystique's blood being the cause of Beast's transformation!  No spoilers my ass! :)

This was a great follow up to the third movie and we can only hope we get more like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment